Vanilla Oat Protein Balls
On June 8th, 2013, amateur vegan bikini competitor Samantha Shorkey proved the awesome strength plants can provide when she won first place in her first-ever fitness competition in British Columbia, Canada.
Building strong, lean muscles on a vegan diet is not as hard as you might think! Jacked on the Beanstalk: Plant-Based Fuel for Vegan Athletes is a how-to guide for preparing healthy, high-protein, low-sodium meals suitable for any vegan strength or endurance athlete.
This particular recipe from the "Jacked on the Beanstalk eBook" was Samantha’s savior during competition prep. This standard healthy vegan protein ball recipe will definitely satisfy any sweet cravings and give you a hefty boost of protein.
Ingredients (makes 4 – 5 balls):
- 1 scoop vanilla Jacked on the Beanstalk protein powder
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in medium-sized bowl.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water if dough is too dry.
- Form into balls.
- Put in freezer and allow them to harden for a half hour. They can be stored in fridge or freezer.